New Zealand Immigration
New Zealand is an island nation in the south-western Pacific Ocean. This beautiful country is famous for its mountainous geography and Kiwi, an endemic flightless bird.
Beside the indigenous people, New Zealand is home to immigrants from all across the globe. Since ancient period, New Zealand became abode to Maori tribal people followed by European settlers from Britain, Ireland and Australia and a significant number of Dutch, Italian and German, South Africa and North & South America immigrants.
With gradual passage of time now more than 25% of New Zealand population is immigrants especially from Asia including China, India, The Philippines and South Korea.
Immigration Rules and Procedures:
Nowadays Immigration to New Zealand Service is looking after by New Zealand Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment department. Its service includes managing the benefits and consequences of immigration to New Zealand.
Under the New Zealand government’s Immigration Act 2009, a visa is must and it is a legal authority for an individual to travel to, or stay in New Zealand. Visa has certain conditions which must be fulfilled by each and every person to whom the visa has been issued.
Similar to Australia, New Zealand has to categories of visa namely Permanent and Temporary visas.
For Temporary visa:
If person wants to work in New Zealand temporarily then you must fulfill certain requirements such as
- must have a good health and good character, and
- have a passport that is valid for at least three months past the date a person is to leave New Zealand, and
- be genuine in wanting to work in New Zealand, and
- have the right visa for visit.
- must be acceptable under the sections 15 or 16 of the Immigration Act 2009,
While your temporary stay in New Zealand you must follow certain conditions or else you have to leave the nation immediately. Some of the basic conditions are as follows:
- the work a person is engage in must be in line with the conditions specified in the visa
- the person must keep within New Zealand’s laws
- the person must only stay in New Zealand for the time allowed by your visa.
For permanent visa:
If person wants to get a permanent residence visa there are five main ways to immigrate to New Zealand such as
- Skilled migrant category– for those people who have the skills, qualifications and experience according to New Zealand needs.
- Work to residence category– for those people who
- are qualified in occupations that are in demand in New Zealand, or
- have a job offer from an accredited employer, or
- Have exceptional talent in sports or the arts.
- Residence from work category – for people who are already in New Zealand on a Work to Residence visa, and want to apply for residence.
For more information on Immigration to New Zealand, you must click to Asha Kiran Immigration Services Pvt. Ltd.